Over the years, The Learning Trust has been diligently building a network of After School Programmes (ASPs) and dedicated individuals nationwide. We aim to unite and empower emerging leaders from diverse ASPs, igniting their journey toward excellence.
This year, we introduced the Management Accelerator programme for After School Managers, a groundbreaking initiative designed to foster growth, cultivate leadership, and build connections within the After School sector. At TLT, we define a manager as someone deeply involved in managing – whether it’s a project, a programme, a group, a person, or an entire organisation. By investing in the development of young managers, we’re building a pipeline of quality management within ASPs, which is pivotal for the sector’s growth and sustainability.
The Management Accelerator programme offers a comprehensive learning experience, including:
- Training: In-province workshops, online engagements, and two three-day residential immersions.
- Learning: Application of learnings and online peer group troubleshooting.
- Reflecting: Mentorship to complete a practical management assignment.
It acts as a catalyst for communal growth and an avenue for personal development, promising to change the landscape of after school programmes.
Meet Our Management Accelerator Cohort!
We proudly welcome 18 dedicated After School practitioners embarking on a year-long journey of training and mentorship. This transformative experience empowers them to evolve into distinguished leaders within the sector. Here’s a glimpse of the remarkable individuals who form our inaugural Management Accelerator cohort:
- Sifiso Suntsha – Chief Operating Officer at Ark Soweto, dedicated to creative arts and behavior management techniques.
- Moss Ramushaka – Programme Quality and Training Manager at Boys & Girls Clubs of South Africa, committed to personal growth and skill acquisition.
- Sibongile Rwayi – Programme Manager at the Qhubeka Youth Development Programme, eager to gain insights into education and the sector.
- Thato Gebashe – Dramatic Arts Facilitator at Khula Unqobe Creative Arts (KUCA), driven by a love for the arts.
- Nokonwaba Nwabisa Ndongeni – Project Manager at Lalela Art Project, focused on creating a nurturing space for underserved communities.
- Andisiwe Mbelekane – Programme Coordinator at Masifunde Changemaker Network, motivated to enhance her leadership skills.
- Lehlohonolo Mahlomotja – Strategist at Matlhogonolo Community Outreach Centre (MCOC), committed to solving challenges in education.
- Brandon Mwale – Cluster Manager at OLICO Maths Education, dedicated to demystifying mathematics education.
- Nasiphi Mashicolo – Senior Social Worker at REALISTIC, focused on rescuing children from destructive pathways.
- Ebrahim Denzel De Swardt – Educational Mentor at Seven Passes Initiative, inspired by the impact of mentors on his life.
- Nelisiwe Zanele Everson – Project Manager at The Sozo Foundation, passionate about nurturing future change-makers.
- Pamela Mdlandla – Literacy Mentor (Nobalisa Mentor) at Axium Education, committed to mobilising young individuals to volunteer in the After School space.
- Emmerentia Saffier-Adams – Office Manager and Afterschool Coordinator at I Protect Me, dedicated to nurturing future change-makers.
- Stephano Nkosi – Branch Manager at Ikasi Youth NPC, eager to cultivate his managerial skills.
- Lethabo J. Mokhonoana – Programme Coordinator Intern at The Mamelodi Initiative, committed to empowering young people.
- Nosipiwo Dosi – Maths Coordinator at Inkululeko Organisation, determined to learn and contribute to her community.
- Zuko Luyanda Gqadavama Ka Somfiyane – Deputy CEO at Inkululeko, driven by a belief in youth development and education as transformational tools.
- Prince Phetoe – Founder, and Executive Director of Matlhogonolo Community Outreach Centre (MCOC), on a mission to enhance education in Soweto’s township primary schools.
These exceptional individuals are committed to education and community development and bring diverse skills and experiences to the programme. Their enthusiasm and dedication promise to drive meaningful change in the After School sector. We’re excited to see their transformation and the positive impact they will create in their communities.
Want to learn more about the Management Accelerator? Read our FAQ’s here.